Re: Fwd: switch from LILO to grub failed

Rafael Fontenelle ha scritto:
Hi Fabrizio

Is /dev/cciss/c0d0 an HD or partition? What is /dev/cciss/c0d0p1? I couldn't get very well this names..

Hi Rafael, /dev/cciss/c0d0 is a disk and /dev/cciss/c0d0p1 is the first partition on that disk containing the root filesystem, included the /boot directory. The machine has a SCSI RAID controller.

Did you try this:

1- 'chroot /mydir /bin/bash' when you are in SysRescueCD environment so you can run the shell as if you were in you system; and
2- 'grub-install /dev/hda' to install grub in the MBR of 'hda' (hda is an example. Use your own device name).

Thank you, I will try as you say, I have no /dev/hda because I have no IDE disks. The equivalent of what you say should be /dev/cciss/c0d0, I will let you know.

Regards,

--
Fabrizio Lippolis

Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, you are hereby informed that this message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, and have received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us. You may not copy or disseminate this message to anyone. Thank you.