Re: problem setting user and group on mounting a cifs share - Please help

On Sunday 27 April 2008, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:

> > * From: Chris <list.hurschler@gmx.de>

> >I have two different machines on which I am mouting a cifs share

> >Tanks for any suggestion,

> when you umount and mount the share, do the logs in /var/log say

> something ?

> Do the same happen when mounting shares from other machines ?

I am not seeing anything in syslog or messages after mounting.

I read some howto's and tried a more direct fstab entry:

//192.168.178.27/share /mnt/share cifs user,noauto,credentials=/etc/cred,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

on one machine it works fine, uid and gid of the share and all subdirectories are set correctly, on the other the result is as I posted i.e.

-- drwxrwxrwx 8 root root 0 2008-04-26 20:42 share

of the share, and

drwxrwxrwx 461 identd users 0 2008-01-21 17:57 music

of the subdirectories.

The machine where it works is in same LAN, wired, the machine where it doesn't work has a wireless connection.

I'm not a linux pro, and this has me stumped. All I really want to do is use rsync to backup a file-tree on this machine - sigh.

Bodenstedtstr. 13

D-30173 Hannover

--

C. Hurschler