Re: Re: Debian crash randomly

>     * From: mond <mondzhu@gmail.com>
>It just freeze. But I can not do nothing, so I push the power button.
>Apr 26 23:28:41 Pavilion acpid: executing action "/etc/acpi/power.sh"
>Apr 26 23:29:01 Pavilion acpid: executing action "/etc/acpi/powerbtn-acpi-support.sh"
>Apr 26 23:29:01 Pavilion shutdown[14529]: shutting down for system halt

Things which you might consider:

* magic sysreq (as already suggested)

* "sysctl -A|grep panic" shows you some settings which you might
consider for automatic rebooting in certain cases

* consider using other kernels (if you are using etch, consider
backports.org and etch-and-half; also consider a more "conservative"
-486 kernel instead of a -686 kernel) or passing kernel parameters at
boot concerning your hardware (the above suggests acpi parameters, but
pci apic lapic parameters are also often used. Consider also the acpi
scripts above, and possible conflicts between acpi and other kernel
modules, especially non free modules)

* test your hardware (memtest86) and bios (is there an update or known
problems?) / bios settings