Triggers Pending

With today's 1.14.18 dpkg update in Testing, my initramfs-tools
status has changed from "ii" to "it", meaning that I want the
package installed and triggers are pending.  FWIW, the system
attained this state without dpkg ever being invoked with an
explicit trigger-related command-line option.  initramfs-tools
was updated about six days before the latest dpkg and the "ii"
only changed to "it" when dpkg was updated.

According to "man dpkg", "triggers-pending" means "The package
has been triggered", which sounds to me like the exact opposite
of triggers pending.

Do I need to run "dpkg --configure --pending", and if so how
often?

--Mike Bird

Please respect reply-to debian-user as I'm not subscribed to
debian-dpkg.