Re: Mail-Followup-To and mutt [Was: Re: How to refresh Debian to install software set]

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 21:43:58 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> > > Your Mail-Followup-To header indicates that you want to be CC'ed.  Is
> > > that true?  [Sending this to you, but with M-F-T to the list.]
> > >
> > > Sven
> > Hi Sven,
> > I use mutt with 'L' for list reply. Is that the way to fix the m-f-t?
> > If not, what suggestion?
>
> Funny, I don't have this at all. If I recall correctly it is set when
> you 'subscribe' to a list in muttrc. I don't do that and I don't think
> it's really necessary anymore.

If you do not explicitly "subscribe" (in ~/.muttrc) to a mailing list
then mutt will generate Mail-Followup-To headers for the list address
and for your personal address. It assumes that you are not subscribed
(in reality) to this list but you still want to receive reactions to
your mail directly:

file:///usr/share/doc/mutt/html/reference.html#followup-to
file:///usr/share/doc/mutt/html/configuration.html#lists

Something like

subscribe 'debian-.*@lists\.debian\.org'

should suppress the personal Mail-Followup-To header for all debian
lists. You can also use "unset followup_to", which will suppress the
generation of any Mail-Followup-To headers for mailing lists.

          Florian   |