Re: Strange window problem

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 04:31:25AM +0200, s. keeling wrote:
> Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca>:
> I don't know icewm, but what's in icewmtray?

Something spawned by the window manager (on some strange keypress/mouse
button) might be a good candidate for  the strange window.

However, icewmtray might be  the "taskbar" or something like that, since
"man icewm" says: "icewm-session  will invoke all needed programs like
icewmbg (background configurator) and icewmtray."

> I don't know rox either,

rox is a file manager:

<$>   zgrep bin/rox ~/ftp.it.debian.org/debian/dists/Debian4.0r3/Contents-i386.gz
usr/bin/rox          x11/rox-filer
usr/bin/rox-filer           x11/rox-filer

apt-cache show rox-filer

> I've never heard of [aio].

as "ps fax" showed, it is a kernel thread, so it cannot be drawing a window

> >  That's it - I don't see anything strange in there.

next time you might run this script:

#!/bin/sh
ps fax>~/ps_fax.pre # or "pstree -Aaplun" instead of "ps fax"
xkill # then quickly kill the window
ps fax>~/ps_fax.post
diff ~/ps_fax.pre ~/ps_fax.post