Re: Grub2

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Gilles Mocellin <gilles.mocellin@free.fr> wrote:
Le Friday 25 April 2008 15:50:50 Bipin Babu, vous avez écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Anyone tried Grub2?

I do since some weeks.

> I run lenny and Grub2 is only a 'dummy package' in the
> repository. I have the standard apt sources. Any howto to replace the
> existing grub with grub2 would be great.

The real package is grub-pc (for pc architecture).
Just insall it, it will propose you to just chainload from the existing grub
to test.
After that, it can totally replace grub by installing it to the MBR with
grub-install.

> BTW what is GFX-Grub? Is it a patch for GRUB or GRUB2? I don't see it in
> the lenny repos. Any idea?

gfx is for grub 1.x.
grub 2 support graphics but I don't think there is such themes as in
Fedora/OpenSuse/Ubuntu (gfx-grub).

Thank you Giles. In-fact I just installed it...and the scripts made it really easy.

Question: Now when i reboot it still shows me 'GRUB Version 1.96' am I seeing it right?

--
Bipin Babu