Re: Custom icon

On Friday 25 April 2008 17:31, Mark Neidorff wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (This should be very easy)  Debian Etch and KDE desktop.  I installed
> virtualbox and want to add a custom icon for it.  I have the icon file
> already.  So here are the questions:
>
> 1. What format does the icon have to be in?

I don't believe it matters too much. Icons I've made myself, I save as .png.
Others in my ~/Icon file are .xpm, .xbm (which is one I altered from a logo
for xsynth).
> 2.  I noticed that there are different locations for
> icons..../usr/share/icons and /usr/share/pixmaps to name 2 that I easily
> found.  Where should I be putting this custom icon?

Myself, for the ones I've created, I make an Icon dir in ~/, and it's easy
enough to just point the desktop launcher to that Icon dir to use a specific
icon.

Nigel.