HP ScanJet C6270A and sane.

Folk,

There is an HP ScanJet C6270A here.  lsusb fails to detect
it and I've found no evidence in Lenny that the scanner
is connected via USB.  I'll guess that this scanner has USB 1.

SCSI works a little better.
peter@dalton:~$ lsscsi
[0:0:0:0]    disk    FUJITSU  M2624F-512       0405  /dev/sda
[0:0:2:0]    process HP       C6270A           3828  -
peter@dalton:~$ quiteinsane
Xlib:  extension "XInputExtension" missing on display ":1.0".

The quiteinsane viewer reports that no device is found.

Any ideas to get USB working?  Is there any provision to
over-ride default USB settings, analogous to ethtool for
ethernet?

Any ideas to get quiteinsane to work with the SCSI
connection?

Thanks,            ... Peter E.

--
http://carnot.yi.org/