Re: removed root directory files

Abraham Chaffin wrote:
I didn't do "rm -r" just "rm /*"  I was root when I executed this command.
Ended up reinstalling the os, luckily there wasn't much on the machine and was really just a backup so nothing was lost.
Not sure what it deleted but it rendered the os useless.

Thanks for your help and I'll be using "rm *" from now on.