Re: Which backup package?

On 22-apr-2008, at 1:17, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
Greetings;

It is time that I started getting serious about backing up my systems. I have nine systems on my network, one will be used just for backup & restore (Debian/lenny)

I know of amanda and bacula. Are there others I should look at? Any suggestions, recommendations?

I'm in a similar situation and I'm very happy with my initial results using rdiff-backup. It's simple and efficient if you'll be making backups to disk. It can do push as well as pull backups and do ssh if needed. I'm setting it up to do daily incremental backups and will do complete backups form the 'current' rdiffbackup directory to tape. It might even work with rsync.net, haven't had the time to test that yet though.

Peter