Re: Getting debian to ignore hdb on bootup

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:07:35PM +0200, Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> sudo update-initramfs -u

I cannot directly confirm that step since I do not use initramfs-tools
(I build my initrd, when it is needed, with yaird to avoid like a plague
putting udev in the initrd. Well, I also do not use sudo but one of its
many equivalents).

I hope that in the process you really learned something useful, since
from a pratical point of view simply disconnecting the ide cable from
hdb (when the pc is off) would have been the same as hdb=none, only much
faster ...