Re: locale problems

s. keeling wrote the following on 04/21/2008 08:29 PM:
Dennis G. Wicks <wix@eskimo.com>:
 I keep getting these message while running aptitude.
Any idea what I need to do to get rid of them? I can't find anything.

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
	LANGUAGE = "en_US:en_GB:en",
	LC_ALL = (unset),
	LANG = "en_US"

This a FAQ.  As root:

  dpkg-reconfigure locales

Enable whatever you expect to use.  Google "locale perl
site:lists.debian.org" might help (but I didn't look too closely).

Thanks, but as usual, it isn't that easy! "locales" is broken, can't install, remove or purge it. Dependencies that are virtual packages, and a bunch of other sh.. but now that I know what the desired action is I'll keep banging away at it until I can do it.