Re: website front-end

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 07:30:16PM +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I thought of writing a really minimal web-site front end, that would only
> look at incoming http requests and forward them to other processes,
> possibly on other machines, depending on the site name or pther parts of
> the URL.  But then I thought, surely that must have been done already?
> And surely, someone would have made it into a Debian package already?
>
> Any recommendations?

Do you know about apt-cache search?
apt-cache search webserver light

or
apt-cache search perl http | wc -l
369

libhttp-server-simple-perl looks interesting.

 HTTP::Server::Simple is a simple stand-alone http daemon.  It
 doesn't  thread. It doesn't fork.  It does, however, act as a
 simple frontend for any small web service you might care to write.
 It also includes CGI support.

--
Chris.
======