Re: HS: How to ban some IP's to connect to apache server

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:08:22 +0200, Thierry Chatelet (tchatelet@free.fr) wrote:

> Hello
> I know it's not really debian related, but:
> A site call ripe.net is trying all sorts of addresses to go inside my sites,
> like mysite.com/var/www/documents and so on.

That certainly seems like odd behaviour. RIPE is one of the five main
Internet registries (like ARIN in the US) and is a 'respected' member of
the Internet community.

http://ripe.net/info/ncc/index.html

As a matter of interest, what do these Apache log entries look like?

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.