Re: Source code editor

Tero Mäntyvaara wrote:
I am looking for shell program for source code edition. I have used nano, but it isn't enough. I need more "real" IDE like functionalities eg constant view of current row number, file browser and selection, cutting, pasting and copying functions. I also tried to use motor, but I got segmentation fault after execution... :-/ I am using Etch.

Tero Mäntyvaara

OMG! I am pleased to get so many replies! :-D It has been
suggested to me that I could use softwares like

* vi(m)
* emacs
* mcedit
* xwpe
* (kitchensync)
* motor (worked with Lars' 32-bit system, but not on my AMD64)
* joe

The most suggested softwares were vi(m) and emacs.

Tero Mäntyvaara