Re: Question on setting up NFS

On 22/04/2008, Pete Kay <petedao@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Owen:

Here is the output of running the 4 commands:

ser:# showmount -e 192.168.1.101
Export list for 192.168.1.101:
/var/fs 127.0.0.1,192.168.1.104

Hey,
  I'm running short on ideas here. Anyone else care to weigh in?
  Is anything coming through dmesg as you run these commands?

The only other mount option that I didn't mention was version2:
# mount -vt nfs -o nfsvers=2 192.168.1.101:/var/fs /mnt/nfs

  Is the IP address of 'ser' definately 192.168.1.104? (It should throw a permission error if it's not though, not this)
  Are the versions of nfs-common the same on both the server and client?

  Googling a little finds others that have had the same issue and resolved it inexplicably by reinstalling nfs-common.

cheers,
Owen.