Re: pdf plugin

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 07:18:00PM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:10:37AM +0200, Joost Witteveen wrote:
> > On 21/04/2008, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > >  what package do I need to install to get the firefox pdf plugin so I can
> > >  view pdf inline ?
[snip]
> > I just installed it, and now firefox shows pdf's inline. I'll
> > uninstallit again, as I don't like that, but it does work:).
> Interestingly i have this (I had it working before, but now it has
> stopped working)

more info, I just tried mozilla-acroread and i had the same affect as
what I have now, when I tell mozilla to load the pdf inline, it opens
another window, I am using the pdf download ff plugin, which used to
work really well, I would click on a link to a pdf and I would be
presented with the option to download, save etc..

when I click download it is meant to open a new tab and display in
there. it opens the new tab  but then starts a new window for xpdf

this is the relevant line

repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill: xpdf -g +9000+9000 "$file"

alex