Re: Using a second display adapter

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 09:06:02AM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 07:06:55PM +0000, Digby Tarvin <lists2008@skaro.afraid
.org> was heard to say:
.
.
> > Perfermance is definately way down the list, as I'm not really planning
> > in implementing support for fancy acceleration features.
>
>   Have you heard of the Open Graphics Project?  It sounds like perhaps
> you're looking for something like that.  The URL is:
>
>     http://www.opengraphics.org
>
>   Note, though, that the only thing they have available now is a
> rather expensive model for people who want to help develop the
> board, so it won't really help you right now.  But I thought you might
> be interested.
>
>   Daniel

Hi, yes - I did come across that project. It would be ideal for what I
want. The only problems being that their development board doesn't seem
to be readily available yet, and as you say, the pre-production version
is rather expensive even if you can one allocated to you.

As I don't need anything particularly  powerful or fancy, I think I
should be able to pick up something suitable on eBay fairly cheaply,
if only I can find a board where decent information on its programming
interface is available. Partly because I think manufacturers should be
rewarded for making information available to open source developers,
but mostly because it will make the board more useful to me.

Regards,
DigbyT