Re: listening to BBC

Richard Lyons wrote:
> I suppose the BBC has changed its codec or something.  I used to be able
> to play "Listen Again" programmes on the BBC site with their BBC Radio
> Player, which opened in a separate Firefox/Iceweasel window.  Now it
> just complains about a missing codec

Perhaps previously you were using a different system?  I don't think
the BBC site has changed with regards to this part for a while.

> called, oddly, "cook".  Is there a debian package for this?  Or if
> not is there some other way to hear the BBC in debian?

Not in US Debian due to US laws.  But it is available from the
Marillat site outside of the US.  The information you need is here:

  http://debian-multimedia.org/

The mozilla-mplayer plugin will handle the file types that you need.
You may also want the w32codecs too.

Bob