Re: having problem with install unixodbc on debian

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 04:49:58PM +0800, Pete Kay wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to get unixodbc installed on debian without success.
>
> I followed the instruction exactly from
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/496

Did you also read the comments? There is a mention of a similar error.

> When I try to connect, it keeps giving me error:
> ser:/usr/local/freeswitch/scripts# isql -v fsdb
> [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/odbc/
> libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so' : /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so: cannot
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> It says the driver is missing even after I do "apt-get install libmyodbc".
> I tried apt-get remove and apt-get install a few times, no luck as well.
>
> when I do "locate libmyodbc", no result returns.  So, I think the driver is
> not there, but I don't know how to install the driver.

locate uses a database which is recreated usually once per night. Either
you run 'updatedb' as root or use 'find' for new stuff. If you know the
exact location 'ls' is much easier. Try this:

ls /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc*

'dpkg -l libmyodbc' will also show you if dpkg *thinks* the package is
installed correctly (dpkg should also be correct about it unless you
messed with the package behind its back).

HTH,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)