Re: Backports packages in red letters.

Luca Renaud <renaud.luca@gmail.com>:

>  Several packages (if not all) in backports.org when we search them in
>  http://packages.debian.org/ appear with
>  the letters in red: backports(in red),is this a specific warning sign? Or
>  just to remember that these packages
>  do not have security updates treated as the packages in
>  stable?Examples:gnash,gnu-fdisk etc.

I can't find either of those packages in etch with aptitude search, so
I can't find this red lettering you speak of.  What have I missed?

(1) phreaque /home/keeling_ egrep -v '^#|^$' /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free