Re: Firewall froth..

On 17 Apr 2008, Jon wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:00:37AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > You can prevent this stuff appearing by inserting "klogd -c5" to
> > /etc/init.d/klogd. See /www.shorewall.net/FAQ.htm.
>
> It's better to modify /etc/default/klogd.

Looking at that, I see:

# Use KLOGD="-k /boot/System.map-$(uname -r)" to specify System.map
# -c 4 to alter the kernel console log level (deprecated)
#   use sysctl instead
#

So I looked at /etc/sysctl.conf and found:

 # Uncomment the following to stop low-level messages on console
 kernel.printk = 4 4 1 7

I suppose this will do what is wanted. Mine is uncommented, which is
presmuably why I am not getting these unwanted effects.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
on-line books and sceptical articles)