Re: fonts for certificates, preferable open source but free will do

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 01:09:00PM -0400, H.S. wrote:
> I am looking for fonts to make a bunch of certificates. I think these
> are called Calligraphic or Gothic fonts? Any good resource for these?
>
> So far, I have found Isabella that is something like what I am looking for:
> {tmp}$> apt-cache search calligraphic
> texlive-fonts-extra - TeX Live: Extra fonts
> texlive-latex-extra - TeX Live: LaTeX supplementary packages
> ttf-gfs-solomos - ancient Greek oblique font
> ttf-isabella - The Isabella free TrueType font
> ttf-uralic - Truetype fonts for Cyrillic-based Uralic languages

I do my certificates in xfig which includes the fonts (I think) then
have gsfonts and gsfonts-x11.  I also have the bitstream-vera or some
such.  I've never tried wierd fonts in Latex.

Of course, if its a serious certificate, I get out my nibs and do it by
hand on real parchment or vellum.  Its hard for a laser printer to
duplicate the varying ink density of nib placement and lifts.

Doug.