Re: Kernel source packages..

> Can anyone shed any light on the differences between
> the various kernel source packages in the
repository,
> and which is the best choice for just being able to
> reproduce the running kernel?
>
> The example in my Martin Kraft book refers to:
> 	apt-get install kernel-source-2.6.8
> but I can't find a 'kernel-source-anything'..

  The book is great, but already a bit out of date.
Krafft has a website (not recently updated) which
includes error corrections and new information here:

http://debiansystem.info

  If you read the section of the book discussing the
naming of kernel-related packages -- including images,
headers-only packages, and source packages -- then all
of the information is correct... it's just that Debian
policy renamed 'kernel-*' to 'linux-*' many moons ago
(back at kernel 2.6.12, I believe).  See this:

http://debiansystem.info/readers/changes/260-package-names

HTH,
Dave Witbrodt