bug tracking, especially openoffice

At this moment I have one big blind spot regarding debian, and that is the system for bugs.

For instance, I'm trying to work out what the situation is with a bug in openoffice.org-calc:

Now I'm laboring under the Java-developer bug tracking paradigm, where there's a bugzilla or a Jira sitting on the net somewhere with a searchable interface and bug reports that tell me what code is at fault and whether it's been fixed or not, and when and for what version.

I can do bugreport emails, but I really would like to find out more about this bug in openoffice, mainly whether it's fixed.

How do I do that - where do I look?

Thanks
Adam