Odd problem - Windows not seeing files from linux on a FAT32 partition?

Hi folks: Ran into a really bizare problem. I'm working on it in the
usenet but thought you may be able to help too.

I've got Debian 4+KDE fully installed on a PATA drive, Win2k/SP4 is my Windows on SATA drives. I've got a partition of 640 megs on the PATA drive, formatted in FAT32 that I use as a bridge. A way of sharing files between Linux and Windows.

I've set up my FSTAB file the following way:

#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hdb2       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hdb6       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdb5       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hda        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,auto     0       0

# linux bridge

/dev/hdb1	/mnt/bridge	vfat	rw,auto,user,exec,sync,utf8,umask=0,gid=users 0 1

--
Now the problem is, I can see, access and save any file from a *normal* linux account without a problem. However if I try to get to them from Windows, they don't show up. I've already used a sector editor to see if they're even ON the partition, and they are, Windows just won't show them.

Now if I save a file *from* Windows on that partition, linux has no problems.

While in linux, I saved the fstab file onto a flash drive, using the SU account, and it's showing up in Windows. But it seems that if I save a file from Linux to Windows, using SU it works fine. This is the first time I've tried to solve the R/W problem in linux using a *normal* account, and running into all sorts of problems. Can you help?

- Kc

--
Kevin C. Redden
kredden@maysvilleky.net

**
If an attachment is present, all attachments are automatically scanned
by AVAST AV. Updated daily. Also all attachments are listed below. If an
attachment isn't listed below, or shows any deviation, please save it,
and contact us. Do NOT open the attachment, if there is any doubt. Note
that MS Outlook Express may not show the true extension names.

file #1:
Size:
True extension:

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080404-0, 04/04/2008
Tested on: 4/12/2008 10:48:49 PM