Re: euro sign / nobreak space

Hi Nigel

On 4/12/08, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
On Saturday 12 April 2008 05:17, Manon Metten wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In "KDE/Control Center/Keyboard layout/Xkb options", I set
> "Adding the EuroSign to certain keys" to "Add the EuroSign to the 5 key",
> coz that's where it is located on my keyboard.
>
> At the bottom of the Control Center I read: "setxkbmap -option
> eurosign:5,compose:menu".
> (I have set Compose Key Position to Menu is compose.) So I expected to get
> the EuroSign after pressing the menu key and then the 5 key. But all I get is
> no EuroSign.
>
> Tried I tried Alt+5, Ctrl+5, Ctrl+Alt+5 etc. but I don't get no EuroSign.
> What did I do wrong?
> What keys do I have to press to get the EuroSign?

Hi Manon. I have a few keboard layouts setup, but on the GB one, the right alt
key (ALT GR) plus the 4, gives me the € sign. On the US keyboard layout,
right alt plus E does the same. French keyboard, right alt plus E again, and
the same for portugese layout.

I have a US keyboard, but it just won't work. I have tried all options (2 key, E key
and 5 key) but nothing works. Whenever I press the Alt-Gr + E, the Edit menu opens
(same with the left-Alt + E).

> I also found this: "Adding the nobreakspace keysym to space key" with the
> options to set it to any, second, third and fourth level.
>
> What is a level, and eg. if I set it to second level, how do I access the
> nobreakspace char then?

Not sure about the nobreakspace char, but the levels are:
Level one:  lower case characters.
Level two:   Upper case characters (using the shift key).
Level three: Additional characters  (using right alt (ALT GR) key).
Level four: More additional characters (using right alt plus shift).

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that.But whatever settings I try,
I don't get a nobreakspace char (ascii 160).

Greetings, Manon.