Re: [Totally OT] Re: Hmmm. A question. Was [Re: Debian is losing its users]

On Friday 11 April 2008 10:10:22 pm Mark Allums wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> >> If only Canada had a nice place to dump spent nuclear fuel the way China
> >
> > France doesn't have problems with spent nuclear fuel, because they
> > use breeder reactors.  We should, too.
>
> The problems with waste are slowly being solved, even without breeders.
>    But you make a good point.  However, I would prefer it if the
> breeders were in the arid Southwest deserts, and not at Hanford.*

It's too bad that Trojan was built on unstable ground and falling apart before
it opened, to the point of being inspiration for the power plant in The
Simpsons...   Engineering incompetence really doomed that plant before it
opened.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca