Re: [Totally OT] Re: Hmmm. A question. Was [Re: Debian is losing its users]

Paul Johnson wrote:
On Friday 11 April 2008 11:29:02 am Rich Healey wrote:

pfft. i pay $1.60 AUD a litre for diesel.

Petrol prices ar buggered everywhere.. which makes me wonder.. why iraq?

wasn't freedom.. and based on evidence sure as bloody hell wasn't oil!

Worst yet, the way the whole thing was orchestrated, it handed Osama a victory. What was Osama's big complaints? US bases in Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabian oil being sold far too cheap. He wanted revenge for the former and for the price of oil to go over $100/barrel. Thanks to Mr. Bush, Osama got exactly what he wanted, even if he is near death living in a cave attached to a dialysis machine.

Paul,

your knowledge of Linux is very good. Your knowledge of economics is not as good. The fact that China is sucking up all the oil they can buy on the free market has nothing to do with $100/barrel, does it? Perhaps if we passed a law stating you can not sell oil for more then $50/barrel, everything would be good? The war in Iraq is not good. It also has nothing to do with the cost of oil.

Anyway, I joined this list to assist others, and be assisted, not expound my views on world matters, so I will desist further comments. You, of course are welcomed to yours and I would not request them to be silenced. I (mostly) enjoyed reading the banter on the LN lists. At some point in time you will know Ron is right and Peace and Love WILL break out (just like it did when The Wall came down and our military was no longer needed in the ensuing lack of war and destruction) :)

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com