Re: how to fix my broken system..

Jaisen N.D. wrote:
There is no such file /usr/share/postgresql-common/maintscripts-functions in the package postgresql-common_87~bpo40+1_all.deb . I have checked that.

well, don't know what postresql uses that file for, but you could try "touch /usr/share/postgresql-common/maintscripts-functions" and see it installation proceeds. If it does, I can't promise postgresql will function correctly, but then again, that could just be an error checking script for installation. This package is broken. As Ron said, file a bug report (or check on the bugs and see if they listed a solution).

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com