Re: how to fix my broken system..

This is the result of of a trial to  reinstall postgresql-common on my broken system.
# apt-get install postgresql-common
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  postgresql-8.3: Depends: postgresql-client-8.3 but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: postgresql-common (>= 79) but 71 is to be installed
  postgresql-common: Depends: postgresql-client-common (>= 71) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

On 11/04/2008, NN_il_Confusionario <pinkof.pallus@tiscalinet.it> wrote:
> On 04/11/08 03:59, Jaisen N.D. wrote:

> >   libpq5 postgresql-client-8.3 postgresql-client-common postgresql-common

> > #dpkg --remove postgresql-8.3
> > (Reading database ... 196875 files and directories currently installed.)
> > Removing postgresql-8.3 ...
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info/postgresql-8.3.prerm: line 17:
> > /usr/share/postgresql-common/maintscripts-functions: No such file or
> > directory

I would reinstall postgresql-common from backports (or whatever package contains
/usr/share/postgresql-common/maintscripts-functions), then remove postgresql-8.3
then remove postgresql-common

¸.·´
(  `·.¸
`·.¸ )