Upgrading libc6 from etch to testing.Too Risky?

I want to upgrade my libc6,from etch to testing,the
output of apt-get below:

Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
  binutils libc6-dev libc6-ppc64 libncurses5
libncurses5-dev libselinux1
  libslang2 linux-libc-dev locales tzdata util-linux
Suggested packages:
  binutils-doc glibc-doc manpages-dev dosfstools
util-linux-locales
Recommended packages:
  libgpmg1
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  linux-kernel-headers
  linux-libc-dev
  binutils libc6 libc6-dev libc6-ppc64 libncurses5
libncurses5-dev libselinux1
  libslang2 locales tzdata util-linux
11 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 439
not upgraded.
Need to get 23.9MB of archives.
After unpacking 4342kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Abort.

Can it give problems?Anyone with experience of doing
the same?
Is it normal the removing of the package
linux-kernel-headers?It is the first step to upgrade
also the GTK2 library to testing(I need to compile
Gimp-2.4.5)

                    Thanks.