Re: question for the listmasters - bounce threshold?

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 14:04 -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
> I get a warning from the Debian listservers once in a while that my
> server is bouncing messages and that:
>
> "If those bounces pass a certain threshold, our bounce-detection will
> forcibly remove your subscription."
>
> They also nicely (unlike a lot of list server setups) provide a link to
> the bounce so I can read it.
>
> In every case, it's due to BLATENT spam getting onto the lists that my
> SA setup is rejecting at delivery-time.

Seems it would be quite nice if the list server could detect that a
particular message was rejected by a higher number of recipients than
normal, and not count it towards the stats. Assuming that there's a
significant number of recipients who do such filtering, of course.

Richard