Re: intel 3945 wireless

Ernst Doubt wrote:

> Any hints on what more needs to be tweaked to succeed here?  Or alternate
> choices? I'm certainly willing to play with ipw instead of iwl drivers if
> someone's got a complete recipe.

See if this post on my blog helps
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/2008/03/accessing-wpa-wireless-networks.html

<history> I recently went through the configuration of intel 3945 wireless
card on Dell Inspiron E1505 running Debian Etch. It was a bit frustrating
that the documentation on configuring wireless connections is not well
organized. Instead the information is scattered all around the place. So I
wrote up the steps I followed. It might be a bit specific to my
configuration (I am using a router in between my computer and the ISP). But
nevertheless it might give you something to tinker with.</history>

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi