Re: Edit /etc/mod*? to order soundcards (dsp0,dsp1...)

k bah wrote:
Debian Etch running 2.6.18-4-486

 I have a via onboard soundcard (snd_via82xx) and sometimes I plug my usb phone (snd_usb_audio). I use alsa, mostly under KDE. The thing is sometimes I forget to unplug the usb device, and when the pc reboots, the usb soundcard is detected first, and all apps (KDE apps, xmms, mozilla) see it as the first/default soundcard.
 In which files under /etc/mod* should I put something like this:

"alias snd-card-0 snd_via82xx"
 ?

 Please tell the file and the correct line to add.

E.g. my /etc/modprobe.d/sound:

alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
options snd-via82xx index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd_ca0106