Re: Palm not being identified (no ttyUSB* being created)

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Mumia W..
<paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
>  I'm having problems syncing my Palm TX. I started using kernel 2.6.24
> (under Etch), and I see that the 'visor' module is no longer loaded
> automatically when I hit the hotsync button.
>
>  I load it manually using "modprobe visor" , yet no communication happens.
>
>  My only advice would be to manually load visor, since your dmesg.txt
> doesn't show it being loaded.

Interesting.  After loading that I get /dev/ttyUSB nodes and
/dev/pilot.  pilot-link can successfully talk to it using "-p usb:"
but gpilotd cannot -- in fact it cannot seem to talk to it no matter
what device I use (ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, pilot, usb:).

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com