Re: Starting Evolution with work-online enabled [SOLVED]

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 04/03/08 18:06, andy wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:

----

On 04/02/08 13:36, andy wrote:

If one starts Evolution from the KDE kicker (as opposed to from
the CLI)
it always starts off-line. I've reviewed as many docs on
Evolution as I
can find, but cannot see anything that would enable me to
configure it
so that it starts on-line. Has anyone ever been able to set this
up in
such a way to work on-line when it starts up?

<snip>

gconf elements are manipulated with /usr/bin/gconf-editor and stored
in ~/.gconf.

- --

gconf was a bit like wading into a mine-field.

Resolved problem: apt-get remove network-manager

So it turns out that either disabling network-manager didn't work,
or there's some other bit of n-m that causes side-effects.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

To be honest, I couldn't find the proper switches, and since I don't need n-m anyway I decided to remove the whole thing. Probably a little bit like overkill but when you're only tool is a hammer ... :-)

Cheers