Re: [Totally OT] Re: Hmmm. A question. Was [Re: Debian is losing its users]

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>  > So to wrap this long rant up, less people use Debian? Who cares!
>  > People who use it *know* why they use it. Why try to "sell" a distro
>  > to people who are still impressed by CFLAGS and a ton of eye-candy?
>  > That extra 1% of performance, but occasional crashes? Who tweak their
>  > systems all day long, but are doing essentially nothing?
>
>  That smells of elitism.  (Not that I mind...)

No, it's just you can't have all. It's a matter of compromise. A "pick
two" game, if you wish. And Debian simply can't please everyone. The
point is, why be bothered by that? Debian set it's goals and a
corresponding target group was gathered around them. And a good one,
if you ask me.

Ivan