[OT] sqlite-amalgamation

Hey everyone,

I am currently evaluating the use of sqlite3 to store application data from a python application that I am writing.

I am using Debian Etch so some of the packages are out of date and thus I decided to compile them from source. Python 2.5.2 was fairly straightforward to compile and install.

However, I have some confusion regarding sqlite. According to the sqlite website they "strongly recommend" to download the sqlite-amalgamation version. Which pretty much means all the code is contained in one C file.

They provide instructions on how to compile it using gcc. But then now what...I am confused at this point. So I have a sqlite object file. How do I use it? How do I use it with python?

Anybody here have any experiences regarding this issue?

Thanks,
Amit