Sony VAIO support, anyone have experience?

Hello,

I am wanting to buy a new laptop primarily to move away from PowerPC so that my
machine is better supported by a default Debian installation.

I really like the look of the VAIOs but wanted to know if anyone has any
feedback on how well supported they are. I don't want to be patching kernels or
hacking my xorg to get things running smoothly.

Wireless would be nice too, preferably without using non-free software.

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>