problem with pgadmin3 and postgres 8.3

Hi

It seems like the older version of pgadmin3 don't play well with
postgres 8.3. The postgres people suggest (recommend) using version 1.8.

But it seems like we can't have version 1.8 or anything greater than
version 1.4 because wxwidgets isn't being maintained (well that is to say
that the current maintainer doesn't want to go to version 2.8)

Are there other people having this problem ?  This is another package I
am using that has been affected by wxwidgets

alex

--
"His (Cheney's) explanation was a very strong and powerful explanation and I'm satisfied with the explanation he gave."

	- George W. Bush
02/16/2006
Washington, DC
Commenting on the Vice President's shooting of a hunting partner