Re: Debian is losing its users

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:13:58AM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> > Ah, but compare to other queries like "linux" or "japan" or
> > "massachusetts" or "canada". Maybe
> > there just is a general downward trend for many general terms.
> >

> I found the same thing with practically every term I put in. I think it
> is a phenomenon of search rather than specific to Debian. I doubt you
> can infer anything from it without a lot more research.

Someone else pointed out, probably accurately, that the volume of
search is growing and expanding into new markets. The expansion into
new markets likely means that the breadth of search terms is
increasing at some rate too. That means that pre-existing search terms
will see their share of the searches go down. Note too that the trend
charts are _relative_ to total searches...