Re: Debian is losing its users

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 09:28:12PM +0800, Wei Chen wrote:
> >>  The search volume for Debian has been continuously decreasing in the
> >>  recent years, as shown in the search trend statistics of one of the most
> >>  famous search engines. This indicates that Debian is losing its users,
> >>  e.g. about 50% in the last 3 years.
> >
> > Link to this statistics?
> >

> Oh. Sorry. This page: http://www.google.com/trends?q=debian

I beg to disagree that reduction in search volume directly means a
reduction in polularity. While less people are Googling for Debian,
if the activity in the Debian user and developer lists are something
to go by, Debian is not doing too bad. Granted that we could do with
popularity boosts, but I guess the loyal followers will always remain
and keep trying to pull in more people. :-)

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
458, Jamuna Hostel,