Re: Debian is losing its users

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 02:43:37PM +0800, Wei Chen
<wchenhk@gmail.com> wrote:
> The search volume for Debian has been continuously decreasing in the
> recent years, as shown in the search trend statistics of one of the
> most famous search engines. This indicates that Debian is losing
> its users, e.g. about 50% in the last 3 years.

Hi.

This doesn't mean that Debian is loosing users. It only means that less
people are searching on the term Debian (according to Google).

If you search on the word "Islam" it also shows a decline in searches,
but I can guarantee you that Islam keeps growing.

In general it is really bad to draw such quick conclusions based on
words searched by people.

Again if you search on OpenBSD http://www.google.com/trends?q=openbsd,
it also shows a rapid decline, but again OpenBSD is gaining user
support each yeah, and this can be measured more correctly by how many
people are buying CD's.

All in all. Stop drawing such conclusions on anything but
fact. :-)