Re: Debian is losing its users

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Wei Chen wrote:

The search volume for Debian has been continuously decreasing in the
recent years, as shown in the search trend statistics of one of the most
famous search engines. This indicates that Debian is losing its users,
e.g. about 50% in the last 3 years.

I'm having trouble following this logic. Many years ago I found the Debian website. I can now easily type http://www.Debian.org into my browser's URL prompt and get there without using a search engine. I also know the URLs of several other Debian related sites off the top of my head. Of course, I'm kinda strange. I remember most of the URLs I use regularly. I hear many people like to use these things called bookmarks. If I'm having trouble figuring out how to do something on my Debian box and can't find the answer on Debian-Administration.org I'll turn to my favorite search engine, but I don't find the need to do that very often. Even though I'm not searching for the term Debian regularly, I'm using Debian regularly.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX