Re: etch nvidia xorg nvidia-glx-legacy X crashes

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> As far as I know you are *not* supposed to have both, so you should
> purge the package nvidia-glx-legacy. You might want to restore that file
> first, otherwise dpkg will complain about a missing file.

Thanks Andrei,

I did dpkg --purge nvidia-glx-legacy, and put nvidia-glx in its place.

Unfortunately, the /etc/init.d/nvidia-glx script, upon reboot, moves
or deletes files needed by the nvidia module as installed by:

 NVIDIA-Linux-x86-96.43.01-pkg1.run

And X won't start.

Is nvidia-glx actually needed with the nvidia module installed by

 NVIDIA-Linux-x86-96.43.01-pkg1.run

--
Hugh Lawson
hlawson@triad.rr.com