Re: problems booting

On Sunday 23 March 2008 01:57, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> I assume I'm running into problems with udev not naming
> the devices consistently but am not quite sure of my diagnosis or how to
> fix it if that is the problem.

  I don't think udev rules will fix it, since the udev rules
are on the root filesystem that it's not finding.

  I recommend using volume management, so that the root
filesystem ends up on /dev/mapper/vg0-root or something
similar -- this all gets set up in the initramfs, and
elegantly avoids device-naming issues.

  Alternatively, you can mount the filesystems by label
or by UUID.

			-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net