Re: How to set thunderbird to work with localmail

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Max Hyre <max@hyre.net> wrote:
> Michael Marsh wrote:
>  > Unfortunately,
>  > state-of-the-art biff technology seems to elude the TB team, and
>  > they've determined that automatically finding new messages is a
>  > problem beyond their abilities.
>
>    That's odd.  I get Icedove notifications all the time, and I
>  didn't do anything special that I know of.  I'm running raw unstable
>  (Linux elmore 2.6.24-1-686 #1 SMP) with Thunderbird version 2.0.0.9
>  (20080110), and Gnome Version: 2.22.0.

For movemail accounts?  If so, that's new, and I'll have to dig
through my preferences.  For several years the TB developers have been
saying that they have no intentions of making notifications work for
movemail, since they don't think anyone uses it except for a few
dinosaurs who should switch to IMAP or POP mail, anyway.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh