Re: How to set thunderbird to work with localmail

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Jabka Atu <mashrom.head@gmail.com> wrote:
>  How should i set Thunderbird to work with local mail :
>  for instance Kmail  know's how to access /var/mail/username and get
>  messages from there.
>
>  I tried to search an option inside thunderbird (icedove) but didn't
>  found one.

Thunderbird refers to this as a "movemail" account, which should be
one of the standard "new account" options.  Unfortunately,
state-of-the-art biff technology seems to elude the TB team, and
they've determined that automatically finding new messages is a
problem beyond their abilities.  I have a movemail account called
"cron", and to get new messages I have to select the inbox and try to
get new mail.  My xterm's biff lets me know there's something to get.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh